Cincinnati Testing Laboratories, a subsidiary of Metcut Research, has open positions for Project Engineer. We are seeking graduates with solid technical written and verbal communication and organizational skills. This is a key operations-focused role that will oversee day to day activities of project planning, scheduling and reporting. This position requires the employee to manage logistics, administration and reporting tasks on complex materials and mechanical testing programs. It also requires a high degree of multi-tasking, scheduling management and communication skills.
This position owns all aspects of a project’s finances, technical execution, scheduling, and communication (internal and external). The role ensures projects progress in accordance with pre-established timelines, scope, and budgets.
We welcome enthusiastic, dedicated and innovative individuals with a comprehensive benefits package including competitive pay, ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, life and accidental death insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, 401K match plan, bonus plan and paid vacation. We also offer challenging work and the opportunity to be a valued member of our growing and profitable team! The successful candidate should:
• Have a BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Be responsible, accountable, team-oriented and a self-starter
• Candidate must be experienced and comfortable with manual and automated data handling and presentation tools.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Actively seek out opportunities to gather, process and retain knowledge of the following: testing specifications related to our services, material attributes including methods and equipment used to generate properties, and best laboratory practices by routinely being present and engaged with technicians on the testing equipment.
• Respond to incoming proposals by researching and developing quotations.
• Work with internal and external clients to establish mutual expectations regarding a program’s cost, technical scope, schedule milestones and communication plan.
• Develop and provide internal communications supporting program goals.
• Advocate on behalf of our clients. Gain insights that evolve our services to meet their growing needs.
• Evaluate risk mitigation opportunities and develop contingency plans for events that can negatively impact services to clients.
• Compile data and test results into formal reports while analyzing data for accuracy and continuity.
• Own project financial matters by reviewing contracts, setting program budgets, processing all invoicing activities and produce periodic fiscal summaries and status updates.
• Oversee project closure process by ensuring all data has been formally reported and delivered, material has been shipped, and invoices processed. Completes post program review looking for improvement opportunities.
• Owns and drives process improvement tasks designed to broaden and elevate the value of our services.
Sales & Marketing Role:
• working knowledge of our capabilities and assists in client meetings.
• Interact with buyers and engineers on pre-sale activities.
• Learn essentials for building and strengthening relationships with multiple buying influences in the customer’s organization including, materials and process engineers, program managers, and buyers.
• Maintain outlook perspectives with client needs, competition, and industry trends in support of strategic sales and marketing plans.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@metcut.com